Search This Blog

Friday 4 November 2011

October. The month with 5 Sundays.



This month began humbly and nonchalantly, creeping up on me like a squirrel in the park. I spent the weekend catching up with the lovely Mollie Powers in Hyde Park which was RIDICULOUSLY busy, full of Londoners enjoying the unseasonal warmth. From there we walked to Sacred Cafe in town. By complete coincidence we bumped into Paul Bently there, enjoying the home vibe too. After whiling he afternoon away over coffee, tea and brownies, we walked up to Regents Park and then through to Primrose Hill where we sat on the hilltop enjoying the revelry of the summeresque evening.
The next day I went to Camden Markets for a bit of a shop, before reading and working on my tan in Hampstead Heath. A pretty good weekend in my books.
The next weekend I caught up with Mollie again, hitting Portobello Road markets. Woo woo! From the markets we wandered through Notting Hill, the shops were so cute. That night we went to Niki's 30th birthday drinks out at Canons Park. It was a super fun night!
That Thursday night, I went along with the Music Scholars trip to the Barbican where I was treated to Bruckners 1st and Rachmaninovs 2nd. It was bliss. A total morgasm : )
The third weekend of the month brought the lovely Stephen Tabener to the city of London. I spent Saturday workshopping with him and a few girls I brought along from school.
The next weekend brought the wonders of Skern Lodge! Days and days of abseiling, rock climbing, high ropes, zip lining, rafting, dancing, singing, walking, skipping... From Sunday to Thursday. Some of the highlights for me were the Halloween Disco and Ewetopia.
October was also spotted with auditions and the like. I had my Gondwana audition (number 8 and going strong) and my Sydney Conservatorium audition. So I also was having lessons with Danny (Classical), Brigitte (Jazz) and rehearsing with Barry (Jazz pianist and accompanist), which was really cool, but exhausting at the same time. My brain has been on over drive. After Skern Lodge, I was awake 8 hours after getting home, ready to jump on the plane to Portugal, but that story is for another time.
Happy Halloween!
Rafting. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment