Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 November 2011


It is my last full month overseas! What?
I started the month in the wake of the half term break. I was spending every spare moment organising university applications and auditions. The first weekend I had an inspirational lesson with Brigitte then on Sunday I went to see the Lion King. Wow. What a spectacle.
Monday night I popped over to Ronnie Scotts to see Brigitte singing. It was a pretty sweet show. Also, I met some cool musicians and some cool Italians, but I had to cut the night short because of a 7:30 start the next morning, our last rehearsal before the Autumn Concert! The Autumn Concert was on Wednesday at St. Johns, Smith Square. I spent the day with Charlotte and Dan setting up, running rehearsals and just managing the general chaos. At the concert, my year 7 choir, Voices, did me very proud singing Heyo and Song for a Russian Child; I lead Chorale, the year 8 and 9 choir who sang Zamina; Close Harmony, my senior girls ensemble sang an African medley (Shosholoza, Siyahumba and Sing Gen Gen) and All The Wild Wonders; I played in the Wind Band; and I sang in the Senior Choir. It was a massive night, finished in the pub down the road with all the Music staff. What a night! On the Thursday afternoon I had my VCA audition and rehearsals on Friday to end a busy week. 
That weekend, I went off to Cambridge to visit Susannah and Kiki. Woo. I had coffee with Susannah then met up with Kiki to see Kings College Choir and then we went for dinner. Afterwards she introduced me to all her way cool Cambridge friends. Sunday was BRUNCH DAY! Woo! After brunch we went for a walk around the town, saw Trinity Hall, Jesus and lots of other Colleges before going for a little shop and looking around the markets. In the afternoon we met up with the Selwyn crew and had afternoon tea which was super nice. That night, Kiki sang to me at Clare College Evensong, it was beautiful, followed by a yummy meal with the other Clare Colleg-ites.
Monday brought me another audition. This time for Melbourne. On Thursday I was joined by the Close Harmony girls n Bond Street to sing carols for the Great Ormond Street Charity. We raised over 100 pounds! Afterwards, Dan took Charlotte and I out to Gordon Ramsay's Claridges for martinis. Talk about classy!
That weekend I had a nice relax. On Sunday I went for a wander in town and through Hand Made and Bound market which was very cool. Then I went to the Barbican to see Hermeto Pascoal with Brigitte. MOST AMAZING SHOW I HAVE SEEN! It was so cool. He played the teapot, the bass flute, the keyboard... and every solo was greeted with a portuguese exclamation.
I spent the next week psyching myself up for the weekend. On Friday night I met up with Lisa and Kendra! Woo! We went out for curry on Brick Lane - Starter, main, naan, rice and drinks all for 10! Bargain!
Saturday we went to Portobello Markets which was a lot of fun perusing the clothes, makeup, food, antiques. Then we went into town to see CHICAGO starring AMERICA FERRARO. To be honest it was a bit of a let down. Poor singing, weak dancing, boring set. After that, I headed home for an early night while Lisa and Kendra went to catch up with a friend.
Sunday morning was a big sleep in (Lisa and Kendra didn't get home until 3:30am!) before heading over to Greenwich for my singing exam. Aah! But it all went smoothly. After that I met up with the girls (who had been at Camden Market) and we went to the Greenwich Meridian before going for High Tea at the cutest little cafe called Royal Tea! 
That evening, we just lurked facebook and packed before the girls early morning departure (4:30am, ergh). And that brought the end of the month!
We are on the final count down now! only 17 more working days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment